1. How do I get help starting a business if I’m not a Wichita State University faculty, staff or student?
2. Will my idea work? How do I find out if an idea works?
3. How do I patent an idea I have if I’m not a Wichita State University faculty, staff or student?
Contact WSU Ventures, we can connect you with WSU resources to test your idea or assist you in developing a prototype.
4. How do I find out about events for entrepreneurs?
5. What resources are available for entrepreneurs?
6. How do I find investors to help take my invention to market?
The first thing to do is to determine if you have a novel idea that no one else has patented. See Patent & Trademark.
7. How do I bid on government contracts?
8. How can I help or invest in Wichita State University startups?
Wichita Technology Corp. supports technology advancement, transfer and commercialization in Kansas by leveraging public resources with those of the private sector to facilitate business formation and growth.
- SBIR/STTR Grants
- Outside Investors and Banks
- Traditional Loan Options (SBA loans and USDA loans)
- Connect with SBA loan options here.
9. How can I learn more about WSU startups?
WSU Ventures works closely with faculty entrepreneurs, the WSU Center for Entrepreneurship, as well as outside investors and entrepreneurs to promote new startups. We welcome the opportunity to work with you on finding the perfect technology to create a new startup around, or technology that complements the work your company is currently doing. WSU startups need investment, seasoned management, and networking opportunities, and WSU Ventures is always looking for experienced individuals to work with our startup companies.
Please contact us directly to inquire about available opportunities.